Monday 2 July 2012

Why now?

Ok, so here it is. My Slimming World journey's first post. 

I am doing this blog because I have received so much help and support from my friends on twitter that I was encouraged to set up the blog to post up my weight loss and the recipes and inspiration I have been using to get here. 

I'll start by explaining why I am losing weight...

I have always been a 'big girl'. Always the smiley, bubbly one (whilst inside miserable and trying desperately to suffocate my feelings of inadequacy with food). I was my heaviest that I have ever been when I joined Slimming World this year three weeks before a sun holiday with friends. I had had enough. I couldn't do it any more. I was diagnosed with arthritis in my feet and I was (still am) desperately unfit. The tiredness and exhaustion was destroying me. Clearly my 27 year old body was getting too tired of carrying round all this extra weight. I am single and although I am quite popular with lots of friends and a great social life, I had lost every bit of self-confidence I ever had. 

So, I looked up my nearest group. I had been on SW a couple of years ago (when I was planning a wedding, how times change!), I had lost well over a stone then. Getting through the rough times, I quickly turned to food and alcohol to medicate and the weight piled on. 

So now, here I am, in week 12 of this journey and I have lost 1 stone and 12.5lbs. If I lose 1.5lbs next week I will have lost 2 stone and 10% of my body weight. I bought three dresses last week that were 2 dress sizes smaller than I used to wear. I almost cried with my best friend in the shop, for goodness sake! 

If you have any tips, or any advice please let me know! This journey needs as much support as possible! 

Here's to fat-free yoghurt and diet cream soda! :)
Sian x

2 comments:

  1. Honest, inspiring and is really motivating me already.

    x

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love this already chick, great idea :) Keep up the good work! (Saved to favourites) x

    ReplyDelete