Saturday 7 July 2012

Pancake Saturday

I have heard about the Slimming World 'magic pancakes' for a while but had never either had the time or patience to make them. So, as a treat for myself this weekend, I thought I would give them a go!


They turned out to be SO simple to make- foolproof, delicious and so filling. I served mine with raspberries, bananas and fromage frais. In future, I would maybe try (as an extra syn's treat) some honey or maple syrup and banana. I think at most 2 syns extra but would definitely be worth it. 


The recipe is:
One sachet of Oat So Simple (use as Healthy Extra B)
One tub of Muller (I used Vanilla with Chocolate Sprinkles)
3 eggs
2 tbspns of sweetener.


I soaked the oats in the yoghurt overnight in the fridge, you dont have to but I definitely think this helps. 
Then in the morning, added the eggs and beat the mixture for a few minutes.
Add the sweetener.
Spray a small non-stick pan with frylight and let it get hot.
Ladle in your mixture to the pan and wait til there are bubbles forming on the side not on the pan then flip!


Ta-Da!! So simple.
I then stacked my pancakes (this mix makes about 6 pancakes, so I have left half for later), and put my fruit and fromage frais in layers. 


It just makes such a change from healthy cereal or eggs on nimble. It was so good, that I would have no qualms about making this as a breakfast for my non-SW friends!! 





2 comments:

  1. I've had my mixture cooling in the fridge all day... Can't wait to try these for supper :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been introduced to cous cous pancakes, syn free on extra easy

    50g cous cous
    Add boiling water leave to soak for 15 minutes
    Beat two eggs and mix into cous cous.
    Fry in a little fry light as you would for normal pancakes.
    Serve with topping of your choice.
    I like fat free greek yogurt and banana sprinkled with cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete