Thursday 2 August 2012

Chicken Curry

I have tried all sorts of Chicken Curry recipes, the mushy pea one, tomato based ones, korma inspired ones with coconut yoghurt and your basic curry powder ones... and I have finally found one I love!

So, into the pan I put: Chicken breasts, diced along with: 1 onion, chopped. Once the chicken was browned and the onion softened, I added: 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, chopped. I added a little bit of balsamic vinegar just to taste the chicken.

Then I added a chicken oxo cube, 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder and 2 teaspoons of tikka curry mix to 3/4 litre of boiling water and allowed it to settle whilst the chicken cooked and peppers softened. 

I added this liquid bit by bit into the pan with the meat and veg and then turned it down to a simmer and allowed it to reduce slightly (for about 10 minutes). When it had, I added 2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns per tbsp).

As soon as I felt curry was at right consistency and had reduced enough, I took it off the heat and left it to sit for about 5 minutes and then added about 4 tablespoons of natural, fat free yoghurt. Do not add the yogurt when the curry is on the heat as it will curdle!

I served it with some rice with peas and sweetcorn added in for extra veg!

Et voila! It was by far my most favourite dinner ever!



1 comment:

  1. Printed! Definitely gonna make this :) Cheeeers!x

    ReplyDelete