Monday 27 August 2012

A blip...

So, even though I got an award and a big loss this week, it seems to have set my levels of motivation to zero.  I haven't been on plan at all. I have binged on the foods I used to eat frequently and without even considering the syns. I have had two other weeks like this on this journey so far. I am weighing-in in a couple of hours and I know that I am in for a gain, but you know what... I am not guilting myself over it.

I have done exceptionally well so far and sometimes I think I need to have these weeks where I can let myself go and I can have all the food I miss. As long as I go back on plan tomorrow then I think it's ok. I think the difference is that in the past, I haven't seen weight loss as a long term thing. It has been a case of cheating as much as I can to get as much off the scales. Now, I am more focused on the long-term. I want to be thinner, I love how it feels to try something on and know it used to be too tight to wear; I like being able to paint my toes with ease and I love it when people ask 'have you lost weight?!'.

So tonight, after weigh-in and facing up to the consequences off my binge on the scales, I am going to Tesco and getting back on track. I have to. I need to.

So, I am not beating myself up. I am not going to wallow in the guilt of eating junk food- that's where my emotional eating comes into it's own!! I am going to put it down as a blip on the overall journey of getting to target.

Sian xx

3 comments:

  1. It's so important not to beat yourself up when you have a blip! Also I'm sure you wrote this message a few days after I saw you so that weekend was a total weekend where it was required, and lots of the time leading up to it. You've done so well and you look totally amazing :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sian, are you still following slimming world? I've just discovered your blog and I've already written down some of the recipes. It'd be great to hear how you're doing now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Found your blog, whilst googling recipes...
    Are you still doing SW?
    Really lovely, honest conversation....
    Tyou for the read.

    ReplyDelete